Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Meaningful representation of a big domain

Well, supercomputers allow crunching tons of numbers and modelling the nature. Of that much required and processed data, not every bit is useful to the applicator, be it an engineer or a scientist. Therefore, postprocessing can be seen as an act, which resembles preparing a “wishable” mixture (e.g. say a sandwich) from the ingredients available at a big supermarket.

 

I like sandwiches, and to share my sandwich, i should not be obliged to carry a whole supermarket with me. As an ordinary daily user of computational engineering products, I was very excited when I saw a new feature which allows sharing 3D images of the solution (or problem) that is being worked on. Congratulations go to ANSYS CFX, and the creators of the feature.

 

Science needs innovation, and some fun.

0 Comments to this blog:

Post a Comment

<< Home